Sunday, January 8, 2017

The One About Japan (part 1)

Arrival at Narita International Airport, Tokyo, Japan

It's time for the Japan trip story! Are you ready?

We flew to Japan with ANA Airlines. It was our first time ever flying with the Japanese airlines. I have to say, it was quite different. Different good. Although the stewardesses were rather stiff in parts. The food was excellent though! That's important right?

Both my kids were good during the whole flight. I can always count on my eldest to be an excellent traveler. My youngest though, she was a bit difficult in parts because when she's bored or wants something.. the girl can definitely cause some drama. Not too major though. Throughout the entire 7 hours flight, she only threw little tantrums twice. We managed to suppress that tantrum though. So everything was a-okay.

***

December 21, 2017

We arrived in Narita International Airport at about 3pm, and as we already arranged for an airport pick up service to pick us up from the airport to our hotel, everything was sailing smoothly.

From the airport it took us about an hour drive to our hotel in the Ginza area. We stayed at the Mercure Ginza because it was strategically located from the shopping area, walking distance to the train/subway station, and most importantly, our hotel was surrounded by so many 24/7 convenient stores, McDonalds, and my personal favourite.. Tendon Tenya!

After checking in, we stroll around the neighbourhood to find us some dinner. Lo and behold, we found this amazing little Wagyu restaurant nearby our hotel which serves excellent mouth-watering beef! We went there twice during the whole trip because it was that good. And then we decided to call it a night because we're heading to Disneyland Resort the following day.

December 22-23, 2017

We're finally here! Tokyo Disneyland! One of the happiest place on earth (according to me being a Disney freak)! We were fortunate enough to finally able to book a room for one night at the last minute. It was already fully booked all through new year's eve since September! We were already letting it go if we're not able to get to stay at one of Disney's hotel. But surprise, surprise, a week before we left for Japan, they said there was an cancelation so we're able to get the room.

So we stayed at the Disneyland Hotel (right across the Disneyland Park). Being a Disney hotel's guest has its perks: (a) You get to enter the park 15 minutes earlier way before the park actually opens for public, (b) You get to enter from a different entrance than non hotel guests, and (c) Well.. You get to go back and forth whenever you're feeling tired and needed a little rest on a bed.

Now, I didn't manage to take a lot of pictures, mainly because, I think due to the fact that this is only our second and third day in Japan, my youngest might have experienced a slight jet lag. I wouldn't say she was being difficult. She was throwing tantrums which I think most of the cause is her body was feeling uncomfortable with the time changes and whatnot. So at about 5pm she was done with the cold, tiredness, etc. I took charge (along with my brother) to continue entertaining my eldest playing at the park, while husband took my youngest back to the hotel room to rest.

My happy place!


The Disney Winter Parade



One of my favourite snacks in Disney Park: Mickey shaped waffles!

My brother and I have a tradition to collect silly pictures from riding Disney rides

Day 1 in Disneyland I managed to take my eldest to ride most of the rides and attractions that he wants to do and see. He was a happy camper. It was his first time to ever ride most rollercoasters as well. So he was really ecstatic.

Day 1 Highlights: Pirates of the Caribbean, Jungle Cruise: Wildlife Expeditions, Big Thunder Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Monsters Inc. Go Hide and Seek, Star Tours: The Adventure Continues

Day 2 in Disneyland was good. The park wasn't as crowded as I thought it would. However, the weather that day was super cold. Mostly due to the wind that made it cold. Day 2 we managed to ride and see the rest there is to do and see. We skipped Toon Town because it was the last on the list but since the weather got too cold and dark starting at 5pm (the sun set at 4pm), the kids getting tired over the cold. So we decided to call it a day and return to the hotel and make our way back to our HQ in Ginza.

Day 2 Highlights: Star Tours: The Adventure Continues, Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters, Haunted Mansion, Pooh's Hunny Hunt, Castle Carousel







Thank you Tokyo Disneyland for your hospitality! We can't wait to return soon.

***

I'll be back with the second part in another post. Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment