Wednesday, March 8, 2017

The One About Japan (part 4)

The famous Gundam statue at Odaiba
This will be the last time I'll ever get to see its glory because they're tearing it down March 2017

Sorry I've been MIA. There has been quite a lot of things going on right now. Nothing major, mostly my own issues that needs to be sorted out. But I'm back now, and shall we return to my Japan trip recap story? We shall. Let's go.

December 28, 2017

So we're back in Tokyo. We decided to go to Diver City, Odaiba. Why? I wanted to check out the Vans flagship store, and they only have it there. Also, I'm in search for some shoes for the kids. Odaiba is a bit far from where we're staying. There are many shopping malls with varied themes that may worth to look at if you have lots of time. However, since time was an issue, we settled on just  going to Diver City (because that's where the Vans store is, as well as because we wanted to take our last good look at the famous Gundam statue before they're tearing it down March 2017).

So Diver City has many themed small cafes (e.g. Hello Kitty, Doraemon, etc.) as well as variety of shops selling funny Japanese knick-knacks and snacks. Surprisingly, it has changed quite a bit since the last time we visit. There were more luxury and fashion stores now, which were fantastic!




We had lunch at a sushi restaurant (conveyor belt style) on the top floor, right below the cinema and a game place. Afterwards, we went on some serious shopping spree. Okay, honestly, not really. But I did managed to find shoes for the kids and my sought after Vans sneakers! Score!


I've been lusting over this nude vegan leather high-top Vans' sneakers. 

When in Japan, Tully's Coffee is my go-to place. I love their matcha latte and chocolate chip cookies.

After a day well spent at Diver City, we end it by having a 'coffee' break at Tully's Coffee. The weather was really nice that day. It was cold yet the sun was shining so it made it a bit warm. Perfect to have your latte and cookies outside in the fresh air.

We had to return to our hotel soon because we need to pack for our trip to Kyoto the very next day.
See you in Kyoto!

***

No comments:

Post a Comment