Monday, March 13, 2017

The One About Japan (finale)

Tokyo Sky Tree

We've finally come to the last chapter of our Japan Winter Trip saga. The last two days of our trip.


January 1, 2017

Happy New Year!

On the first day of the new year, most stores/department stores are closed for a couple of days. Some tourist spots are open though. So we decided to go to Tokyo Sky Tree because not only they have some attractions, the shopping mall underneath are open too. But I'm sure most people will have similar ideas.. I dreaded the possibility of crowds. But oh well. Better than not doing anything at all.

We took the subway to go to the Tokyo Sky Tree. There are aquarium, but my eldest wanted to check out the top of the building (I wasn't into it because I'm terrified of height). But gotta take one for the team, right? I guess so.


If I remember correctly, on the 4th floor, they have a wide selection of random stores selling everything from souvenirs, samurai paraphernalia, fake food, Hello Kitty stores, ice cream, and many more. It was overwhelming but I loved it!

This little shop sells everything Ultraman 

If you love Pokemon, there are a Pokemon Centre. Both my kids love Pokemon, so imagine their excitement when we got there. So many Pokemon paraphernalia. We even get to meet Pikachu!




After making laps through the entire floor, we decided to have lunch first before going up to the Sky Tree. We settled on Bistro Ora Machi, a themed restaurant dedicated to the comic book Crayon Sinchan. Google it up if you don't know what I'm talking about.




I don't have high expectations regarding the food taste at any themed restaurants. But surprisingly, the food was pretty tasty despite the limited options. We had the tomato rice and beef stew for the kids, roast beef with the works for the husband, and tonkotsu burger for myself.

Once lunch is done, we make our way to the Sky Tree. The entrance is right across Bistro Ora Machi. We purchased our tickets, and head on to the top of the Sky Tree. I was already so nauseous going up. Husband and my eldest enjoyed themselves very much.



We spent almost the whole day at Tokyo Sky Tree. Mainly because we don't know what else to do. Other museums are closed due to New Year's holiday.

Then, we decided to head back to Ginza for dinner at the only restaurant opened that day near our hotel, Tempura Tendon Tenya. A restaurant so good, so comforting and so reliable on days like these.





Once we finished with dinner, we head back to our hotel because it was time to pack for we are going to return to Jakarta the following day.

January 2, 2017

Today is our last day! Since our flight aren't until later in the afternoon, each of us did last minute shopping to whatever stores are open. I went to the Repetto boutique in Ginza because they were open and they were having a special New Year's 60% off on most shoes. Repetto is my shoe heaven!

Then I had my last meal at Tempura Tendon Tenya (again), buying takeouts for the rest of the fam because they just want to stay in the hotel until it is time to leave.


Leaving felt kind of bittersweet, but I am so looking forward to our next visit to Japan. Japan will always hold a special place in my heart. I fell in love with the country the day I first step my feet on Japan's ground. I can't wait for our next adventure to Japan.

***

Thank you for following this whole journey!

Until our next trip..

No comments:

Post a Comment