Sunday, March 17, 2019

Tokyo Marathon Trip: part 1


At the beginning of March, my husband and I went on a trip for two dalam rangka Tokyo Marathon 2019. Back in September last year, my husband was fortunate enough to won a lottery for joining the prestige marathon. So I tag along on this trip to support him (and spend some quality time together obviously).

You can see all our adventures on this vlog, and I will try to elaborate on what's happening throughout our trip in my blog. So here goes! Enjoy part 1.

Day 1 - March 1, 2019

We arrived in Tokyo early Friday morning. We took the train to our hotel in the Ginza area, MERCURE GINZA (huge thanks to AccorPlus for making our hotel reservation such a pleasant experience *not sponsored* throughout our whole stay). We even managed to get a super early check in. I mean, your girl needs some shower and a little makeup applied after the long overnight flight we just had.

After we settled in (showered and whatnot), we headed to lunch at this little restaurant called Buta Daigaku Jinbocho. They only sell one kind of meal, with huge portions and super affordable price (650 Yen for the medium sized bowl). One of the best meal I have ever had in my entire life!

Then we head out to Odaiba to get husband's race pack and everything. Mind you, from the lack of sleep throughout the entire flight to Japan, I was feeling rather loopy at that point. I felt so exhausted I just wanted to sleep. But we have to power through! So after getting husband's race pack and strolling around the Tokyo Marathon Expo, we went into Diver City because I needed desperately to go to Uniqlo to get a cream coloured sweater (don't ask why). Good thing the weather was super nice. It was cool but sunny. Perfect.

Afterwards, took a train back to our hotel. My husband went out to dinner with Pocari Sweat Indonesia team at Hilton Hotel. I was extremely tired, I ended up having dinner by myself at Tempura Tendon Tenya (one of my fave when I go to Tokyo and it costs 600 Yen for a full set of tempura bowl), which was really close by to our hotel.. and bought some snacks from Natural Lawson. That ends my night basically. With a dose of vegan ice cream bar.

***

No comments:

Post a Comment