Thursday, March 22, 2018

Crystals 101


I have been a fan of crystals for ages. I normally use them for meditation.
So. Let's talk crystals.

My first ever crystal that I bought was a black tourmaline. I'm not even sure why I picked that particular one, I guess I was just automatically drawn to it. Now, when you pick out your first crystal, you'll bound to automatically pick one that vibrates to you more. In short, you'll know which one calls out to you. And the black tourmaline did just that to me. Then I start doing research on their benefits and uses. Well, fast forward a few years later, it still is my numero uno stone.

One of my new year's resolution this year is to meditate more. So I've finally commit myself to purchase more crystals (after lots of research and reading of course) that I thought are fitting to my needs. I chose: rose quartz, citrine, clear quartz, and amethyst. They all have varied benefits but pretty tame enough to learn as your beginners' stones. The best crystals to have is one that are raw cut.

If you're interested and might want to know more about my stone selections, here are a short explanations for each:

BLACK TOURMALINE

I'm sure you'll notice from the name, that the color of this particular crystal is obviously black. It is the zodiac stone of Libra (surprise, surprise). This stone is the top protective stones. It can absorb negativity and transmute it into positive energy. It may be used to activate grounding of the base (root) chakra, which is the foundation of physical and spiritual energy for the body.

CLEAR QUARTZ

Also known as the "Master Healer" stone, by wearing, carrying or meditating with clear quartz can open the mind and heart to higher guidance. It may accelerate the fulfilment of one's prayer, intensify healing or spiritual growth. It can heal issues at the physical, mental, emotional or soul level.

ROSE QUARTZ

I was drawn to this stone because of its pretty color, pink. But it has many great benefits as well unbeknownst to me. It can strengthens Libra's determination. It emits vibration of love, harmony and peace. Bring forth peace and tranquility. Keep home or workspace harmonious and peaceful. This crystal balances the yin-yang energy, and can bring all the other chakras into harmony and unity with the heart.

AMETHYST

Purple in color, it is a meditative and calming stone which works in the emotional, spiritual and physical planes to promote calm, balance, and peace. It opens the gateway to higher intuition, provides clarity, and helps to relieve stress and anxiety. It is also known as the "Traveler's Stone" to keep one's protection and safety. It will invite harmony in your professional relationships and prosperity in your financial life.

CITRINE

This yellow stone, also known as the "Merchant's Stone", is the premiere stone of manifestation, imagination, and personal will. A stone of abundance and manifestation, attracting wealth and prosperity, success and all things good. It has healing properties, for protection and weight loss. As well as attract new opportunities.


Now remember, you don't need to get the exact same ones like I did. Let them find you. And you'll know which one is beneficial for you. Once you have found your first crystal/s, be sure to cleanse them and recharge them with your energy first before using. I will discuss the how-to's in another post. Until then, I hope you enjoy this brief introduction to crystals.

No comments:

Post a Comment