Friday, October 6, 2017

The One with the Birthday Trip


My husband took me and the kids to Singapore on behalf of celebrating my birthday week there as well as a birthday gift for both my kids (who had their birthdays 2 weeks apart from each other.. and then mine was only a week apart from my youngest). It was a fun week as we get to spend a lot of quality time together just the four of us.

Thank you for the awesome trip, babe. I'm so blessed to have you and the kids in my life.


Day 1
23 September 2017

Morning flight with Singapore Airlines. The whole plane ride was pleasant and the kids were all well-behaved, which I'm very happy about.

Arrived in Changi Airport was almost lunch time, so we decided to have a quick lunch at the airport before being picked up to go to our hotel. We had lunch at Swensen's because the kids wanted ice cream after their meal (naturally). At 2pm on the dot, a car picked us up to go to our hotel at the Sentosa Resort.

Usually, whenever we go to Singapore, we would've chosen to stay in the Orchard area because it is more convenient. But this time around my husband thought "let's change the scenery a bit." So we stayed at the beautiful Sofitel Resort and Spa Hotel. Staying in that hotel made it feel a bit like we're not really in Singapore. So that was a bit weird at first ha ha. Our room was lovely. There were so many gorgeous peacocks roaming around the hotel ground freely. Both my kids were amazed.


After we settle into our room and putting things away, we took a shuttle bus to Vivo City to have dinner there and buy some stuff at the mini mart (snacks, obviously).


Day 2
24 September 2017

It's my BIRTHDAY! Our plan for today is to head out to Orchard. We met up with my cousin who lives in Singapore (shout out to @daragunawan!) and together we had my birthday lunch at this place called PICNIC at Wisma Atria. How can I describe the place? It's like a small food court with a garden theme. They don't have that many food selections as the typical 'food court', but the selections that they do offer were all pretty good. I enjoyed my food very much. They also have an area where children can play, with toys and video games..




I didn't take that many pictures here as I've been trying to dive into creating a vlog out of this trip. So stay tuned, there might be a Singapore Birthday Vlog coming soon.

After lunch, we roam around Orchard, doing some major damage to our wallet (well, not really ha ha). I went a bit crazy at Sephora naturally. Thank God it wasn't as crowded as I highly anticipated.

We finished the day off with a casual dinner at Gastronomia, Paragon, before our shuttle came to take us back to the hotel. Okay, the only downside on staying at the Sentosa Resort is that it makes going on impromptu trips here and there a bit of a hassle because we rely heavily on the exact schedule of a shuttle bus/transportation. Other than that, I'm quite happy that the kids were all on their best behavior. Okay, that's a little lie. My little one have thrown a few tantrums here and there. But nothing that we weren't able to manage.

Tomorrow is going to be a long day, so we don't want to tire the kids too much.


Once we got back to our hotel, I was surprised that the hotel had arranged to have a small birthday cake delivered to our room. So sweet of them.

Day 3
25 September 2017


It's Universal Studio time! Up bright and early. In front of the entrance was already forming quite a line although it wasn't as crowded as I was expecting.

We really were there until closing time. Both kids tried all the rides and attractions they could try their hands on (mind you, their height restrictions are super strict!).





What did we do? Quite a lot actually. We did rides, shows, ate snacks and whatnot. The only downsides to that day was that it was super hot and humid. Although come 3 or 4pm, it turned a bit cloudy. Thank God for our small portable fan. The kids enjoyed their day, and boy, was I tired or what! We end the night with dinner at this ramen restaurant (which I totally forgot the name of) at Sentosa Resort. It was GOOD!

Day 4
26 September 2017

Technically our last full day in Singapore. We planned on going to Gardens by the Bay a bit later in the afternoon so that it won't be too hot. Therefore, we decided to have lunch and spend a bit time at Vivo City before going to the garden. However, we had to change our plan because all of a sudden it started pouring rain hard. It went on for quite a long time. That we just waited out the rain at Vivo City, do some last minute shopping and whatnot. The kids seem to enjoy themselves at Vivo City, so I was relieved. They played a bit at the playground.

At around 6pm the rain has stopped. We thought since it would be a waste of time going out from the Sentosa island, we decided to have dinner at Sentosa's Quay Isle (near the W hotel). We settled for Greek food, Mykonos on the Bay (I highly recommend this one!) with a spectacular view of the pier.


After dinner, time to head back to our hotel because we need to pack for our trip home tomorrow.

Day 5
27 September 2017


Time to head home! We're pretty sad that the short trip has come to an end. But it was pretty fun and of course we can't wait to go home. See you soon Singapore.

Until our next adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment