Wednesday, September 20, 2017

A Museum Kind of Day

Jakarta History Museum / Museum Fatahillah

Last weekend, while husband is away on a business trip, I took my kids to visit Jakarta History Museum (or famously known as Museum Fatahillah). My eldest is a really history buff, so I thought this might be a good activity for us to do.



First things first, we had lunch at the historical restaurant "Cafe Batavia" adjacent to the museum, which serves many Indonesian, Chinese and Dutch-inspired dishes. We had the Indonesian pempek (fried fish cakes), assorted Chinese dim sums, Dutch Bitterballen and Chinese fried rice (for the kids). For dessert we had to end it with poffertjes and crepes suzette. I'd say the food was still pretty decent.




After lunch, we took a stroll around the square and then we went inside the museum. Its a pretty decent museum, although not a lot going on inside (unlike the National Museum / Museum Gajah). But my son quite enjoyed his trip.


All in all, I'd say its a pretty successful trip. Now that my daughter is getting big, perhaps I could take both of them on more Jakarta museum trips.


Jakarta History Museum / Museum Fatahillah
Jl. Taman Fatahillah No. 1, Pinangsia, Tamansari, Kota
Jakarta Barat
Open Tuesday - Sunday (9.00 - 15.00)
Entrance Fee:
Adult Rp 5.000
Children Rp 3.000

No comments:

Post a Comment