Monday, March 18, 2019

Tokyo Marathon Trip: part 2


It's time for another round of our Tokyo Adventure! In case you missed the first of this three part vlogs/posts, here's the link to Part 1.


Day 2 - March 2, 2019

Today's weather was an absolute perfection. It was sunny, cool and overall incredible! The fact that my husband isn't supposed to tire himself the day before the race, we started the day pretty late. We went to the Ogawamachi area (streets filled with so many sport stores!) to find some knick-knacks that my husband still needed for the race. We spend a good couple of hours there.. I was bored to tears obviously haha. Oh, but good thing we stopped by ABC Mart to find some sneakers for the kids. 

Afterwards, we had a super late lunch at Sushizanmai, the Tsukiji branch. Most of the shops were getting getting ready to close because it was almost 4pm. There are a lot of Sushizanmai branch, but we decided to go to the OG one at the 'old' Tsukiji Market one. I highly recommend this restaurant when you go to Japan. Super fresh and delicious sushi with incredible hospitality.

We decided to head back to our hotel, we bought some bento meals from Matsuya's depachika to eat in our room. And that's that. Le husband must have his sleeping beauty and plenty of rest for his big day tomorrow!

Day 3 - March 3, 2019

TOKYO MARATHON DAY!

We checked the weather forecast. It's going to be a cold and super rainy day all day today. Such a bummer. So my husband left the hotel at around 7 am. He had breakfast at the hotel. The race didn't start until 9am-ish. While he was drenched under the rain waiting for the race to start, I on the other hand, had a super leisure start to the day. I had breakfast while watching some youtube and catching up on my Sims.. and then took a shower, got ready, and finally got out from the hotel. It was FREEZING cold and still raining! I walked around Ginza area for a bit.. had lunch. After recuperating a bit on my plan of action for the rest of the day, I finally head out (got lost on the way a bit no thanks to Google Map app) towards the Tokyo Station area since it was super close by to the marathon's finish line.

There was so many people, it was kind of hard to manoeuvre my way towards the finish line. So my husband and I decided to meet up halfway at the Marunouchi building. I am so proud of my husband for finishing the race despite the rough weather condition. He was cold and tired so before making our next move, we made a coffee stop at Starbucks (because it's right in front of the station's entrance). Then we slowly made our way back to our hotel.

Once my husband well rested and took a shower, we went out to dinner at Gyukatsu Motomura. I have to say, it is probably one of the best meal I have ever had (right next to that Butadon I had the first day). Our stomach was stuffed, it's time to call it a night (with a short stop at 7/11 obviously).

Until Part 3!

***

No comments:

Post a Comment